Visual and audible front and rear parking assistance
Proximity sensors are located in the front and rear bumpers of your vehicle. When manoeuvring, whether forwards or in reverse, at a speed below approx. 6 mph, they warn you of the presence of any obstacle situated within their detection zone, by means of:
- a sound signal emitted by the front or rear loudspeakers,
- the display of the outline of your vehicle with shading at the zones where obstacles are detected.
As the vehicle approaches an obstacle, the sound signal tells you its position according to whether the sound issues from the front LH or RH speaker or from the rear LH or RH speaker.
Screen C version
- As the vehicle gets close to the obstacle, the sound signal becomes ever more
rapid and the shading appears ever closer to your vehicle’s outline.
- When the obstacle is less than around 25 centimetres from the vehicle, the signal becomes continuous and a WARNING panel appears on the display.
You can activate/deactivate the parking assistance with a press on control 1. If the parking assistance is inactive, the warning lamp is on. Activation or deactivation of the parking assistance is memorised when you stop the vehicle.
Note: The system is deactivated automatically if a trailer is attached to the vehicle.
The fitting of the towbar should be carried out by the CITROËN network. This system does not replace the vigilance and responsibility of the driver.
- When you engage reverse gear, a sound signal informs you that the system
is active. The outline of your vehicle is displayed on the screen. Any obstacles
situated at the rear or at the front of the vehicle can be detected.
- Moving forward at a speed lower than approx. 10 km/h (6 mph), either in neutral or in a gear, the outline of your vehicle is displayed on the screen immediately an obstacle is detected in front of the vehicle. Obstacles situated at the front of the vehicle can be detected.
Note - The proximity sensors cannot detect obstacles situated immediately below
or above the bumpers.
- A thin object such as a spike or stake, or other similar object, may be detected only at the start of your manoeuvre but not when the vehicle has approached close to it.
- During the winter months or in bad weather, make sure that the sensors are not covered by dirt or by ice or snow.
When selecting reverse gear, a short audible signal followed by another audible signal, accompanied by the illumination of the SERVICE warning lamp indicates a malfunction of the system. Consult a CITROËN dealer.
Recommendations for ventilation and air
In order for these systems to be fully effective, follow the operation and maintenance guidelines below: To obtain an even air distribution, take care not to obstruct the exterior air intake ...
Adjustment of rear view mirrors Functions with ignition switched on. From the driver’s position, select the rear view mirror via the control 1, then adjust in the four directions by moving the c ...
Fuses under the dashboard
Fuse box Fuse box To access the engine compartment fusebox, detach and remove the cover. After any repair, reclose the cover very carefully. If the cover is not correctly positioned o ...